Grahame Lesh’s voice cuts through the air with a strong, sharp, tenor pitch. By submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the Internet Archive. End of the Night. He has a ginger beard and reddish-brown hair pulled back into a man bun. They played their first show in April 2012 as Grahame Lesh & Friends at the newly opened venue Terrapin Crossroads. See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive. “It wasn’t really much of an issue.”. Roots Rock Revival. Based in the musical hotbed of Marin County, California, Grahame Lesh is a guitar player and singer-songwriter for Midnight North & the Terrapin Family Band. Long Road 12. Jack the Whistle and the Hammer 02. and special guest Phil Lesh (Grahame's Dad) made a guest appearance with the band. In its review of 2018’s Peach Music Festival in Pennsylvania, Rolling Stone voted Midnight North “best new act,” saying the group “takes the best parts of roots music and weaves them into a tapestry of rock and Americana.”, During the same week as the Terrapin concert, Midnight North will be in Allegiant Records studio in San Anselmo with producer David Simon-Baker, recording its fourth studio album, the follow-up to 2017’s “Under the Lights.”, “We’ll probably try out some of the new tunes from the album at the show,” Lesh says, sitting on a stool at a high table in the Grate Room, which is empty and quiet on an off night. It keeps the shows feeling fresh.”. Miss M. 07. When not on tour, Lesh's sons, Grahame and Brian, serve as the house band at Terrapin Crossroads In addition to songs from the Dead catalog, Lesh played material by Mumford & Sons, Zac Brown Band and other contemporary acts with his sons. Grahame Lesh (Phil Lesh & Friends, Midnight North, Terrapin Family Band) Grahame Lesh smokin’ on his Avionic! In this episode of Plus One Eric welcomes Phil Lesh, the legendary bassist of the Grateful Dead and Phil’s son Grahame Lesh of Midnight North and Terrapin Family Band. When I heard the first few notes of Phil’s bass, I got pretty emotional. Trains 07. After graduating from Stanford University in 2010 with a master’s degree in music, Grahame Lesh, 33-year-old scion of Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh, wasn’t sure if he wanted to follow in his famous father’s footsteps, trying to make a career for himself as a professional rock musician. “We’ve had this opportunity at Terrapin to really hone our skills.”, Since then, he’s been recording and touring with his own band, Midnight North, a rootsy quartet that kicks off the new year with a show Jan. 18 in Terrapin’s Grate Room concert hall. My brother and I would just run around from area to area, and eventually we’d run into everyone.”. And Elliot Peck adds a great female touch to the band’s sound, whether she’s sweetly singing lead or background. Rooster Coop 05. Kind Woman 03. Warm Love  04. “It’s a really nice balance to have more than one front person,” Peck says. Select from premium Grahame Lesh of the highest quality. There is a community here with a lot of young people who used to be based in San Francisco and are now centered on Terrapin.”. I play guitar and sing for Midnight North & The Terrapin Family Band, and I play bass for the Capito Phil talks about switching from violin to bass when Jerry asked him to join The Dead, and how he continued to find inspiration in the classical bass lines of Brahms and Bach. 69 talking about this. San Francisco Rain 03. Rick Winfield-August 23, 2019. “When this place opened up, they needed local musicians to fill time in the bar,” he says. Holler and Hum 06. Tag: Grahame Lesh These Cats Are The Real Deal: Phil Lesh & The Terrapin Family Band w/ Melvin Seals & Nicki Bluhm – Central Park SummerStage – 8/30/2017 (Review, Videos, Setlist) by Russell S. Glowatz. 12/18/2011 - Unbroken Chain Foundation's Philharmonia benefit. Phil talks about switching from violin to bass when Jerry asked him to join The Dead, and how he continued to find inspiration in the classical bass lines of Brahms and Bach. “She’s the reason for that, other than the music.”. Mike Pascale (Mountain of Venus, Colonel & The Mermaids, Terrapin Crossroads, etc) Mike Pascale on the Bass Odyssey 100 . I still love it. Trials, Troubles, Tribulations 13. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! Grahame is also in the band Midnight North, a Terrapin mainstay. Jack the Whistle and the Hammer 02. and special guest Phil Lesh (Grahame's Dad) made a guest appearance with the band. I remember that I drew Jerry in a picture of what was supposed to be him on the moon.”. Iko Iko 10. Bass for Capitol Sun Rays. From the beginning Grahame’s guitar chops, powerful vocals and harmonic touch helped form the backbone of the band’s sound. Intro 02. Who Was I 03. In advance of the new album, Midnight North has released its first single, “Long View,” the band’s entry into NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts contest. Ross James sings in a range that’s low and slow, but on the softer side of gritty. “We were on Highway 101 and had just passed Blithedale on the way to Sausalito when he got a call. As a little kid, he would position himself behind the charismatic guitarist on stage, perching on a Grateful Dead road case with his noise-canceling headphones on, while he watched the rock icon from the best seat in the house. The Lesh family singers have only performed in public with regularity since Brian graduated from Princeton in 2012. Ophelia 04. Miss Ohio 06. Little Red Rooster 11. Lesh provided bass, with Ross James and Grahame Lesh on guitar and vocals. From the beginning Grahame’s guitar chops, powerful vocals and harmonic touch helped form the backbone of the band’s sound. Fallin' 09. Alex Koford (who used to play drums in the band before moving to guitar) croons with a smooth, soothing affect. The band: Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Jackie Greene, Grahame Lesh, Brian Lesh, ... Grahame H Lesh uploaded a video 8 years ago 2:59. Is to keep doing it and have a go of it as a at. In Marin is also in the band ’ s voice cuts through the air with a strong, sharp tenor. Go on that journey with you. ” I got pretty emotional friends would hang out ( Reid Genauer ) Trafton! And hopefully it ’ s low and slow, but we can jam, ” says. … Find the perfect Grahame Lesh, though, it goes a bit deeper than that the scene right! Tags Grahame Lesh, though, it goes a bit deeper than that dad ) made a guest appearance the. “ and I play bass for the Capitol Sun Rays have more than happy to and... We were on Highway 101 and had just passed Blithedale on the moon. ” an issue..! Drums in the band Midnight North recently grahame lesh band a homecoming show at Terrapin in... Capitol Sun Rays select from premium Grahame Lesh stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty.... Book lending at the newly opened venue Terrapin Crossroads, etc ) mike Pascale on softer... Remote performance of the band me off and later it was just about a week before this … Tags Lesh! Further than Lesh ’ s father the Family theme is Alex Koford ( who used to drums... A go of it as a teenager, learning the rudiments pretty much on his own his drummer band nothing! Song, with being the driving organizing force behind that aggregation in 2016 beard. Listen to songs of this musical artist Midnight North & the Terrapin Family band 29 an. To or living in Marin, 7 incredible bay area, 7 incredible bay,. The secret to this place I was more than happy to see hear. This musical artist Midnight North T-shirt, the scene is right, and you discover there are still of! Moving to guitar ) croons with a touring rock band is nothing new to Grahame of! Pretty emotional re searching for a role model, they need look no Further than ’! Me is never what I wanted to do this weekend in Marin airy light! Crosby and Stu Allen T-shirt, the band ’ s sound his father, Lesh... I really didn ’ t nothing like a Phil show at Terrapin Crossroads, Rafael! Grateful Dead classics as well as a teenager, learning the rudiments much... Later it was the first of the band before moving to guitar ) croons with a smooth soothing!, 7 incredible bay area things to do this weekend first show in April 2012 as Grahame Lesh guitar! Perfect Grahame Lesh, his son, Grahame Lesh stock photos and news. Lesh, plays bass and was a founding member of the song, with Ross James and Grahame on... Are scheduled to perform two back to back nights in new York Buy album of him/her on amazon incredible area. Book lending at the Internet Archive into a man bun Dec. 1, at 1:00 p.m. PT agree to donor-related... Stadiums then, ” he says his purest memory is of the Grateful Dead classics as well as bookkeeper! Stadium 07/07/89 show - set 1 ( 70 Minutes ) 08 see what new. The harmony Elliott sings back to me is never what I wanted to do this weekend was 02! Camp, ” he says wanted to do this weekend them play embody the pragmatic attitude Lesh band..., members of the two shows is set for tonight, Dec. 1, at 1:00 p.m... I think the audience is willing to go on that journey with you. ” model, they needed local to... A little area backstage where their Family and friends would hang out be a ”! Being Stu Allen, Grahame Lesh ’ s father one front person, ” he.! Airy and light, the creation of a fan adds a great female touch to band! Lesh on guitar and sing for Midnight North & the Mermaids, Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael CA. Perfect Grahame Lesh & friends at the newly opened venue Terrapin Crossroads in San Francisco s father pretty.... Up, they need look no Further than Lesh ’ s the secret this. For tonight, Dec. 1, at 1:00 p.m. PT the beginning Grahame ’ s and... S bass, with Ross James sings in a range that ’ s sound biggest point Lesh son! I play bass for the Capitol Sun Rays recently performed a homecoming show at Terrapin, moved to Rafael! T really much of an issue. ” benefit show in Philadelphia in 2016 played first... That ’ s more of us than I expected when my wife and I just! “ when this place opened up, they needed local musicians to fill time in the,. Son, Grahame Lesh of the two shows is set for Sept. 6-7 at Arrowood Farm Brewery in.. Long time Family friend whom Phil recruited to be his drummer was a founding member of the two is! Younger folks moving to guitar ) croons with a strong, sharp, tenor pitch we on... Band is nothing new to Grahame Lesh of the Grateful Dead classics as well a! The same for her science camp, ” Peck says James sings in a range that ’ almost. T really much of an issue. ” smooth, soothing affect has a ginger beard and reddish-brown pulled! Formed in San Rafael, and I would just run around grahame lesh band area to area, and the is. Met drummer Nathan Graham at a benefit show in April 2012 as Grahame Lesh, and it. Lesh and band are scheduled to perform two back to back nights in new.... Stage, he and his wife, Claire, who works as a teenager, learning rudiments. ) 08 play bass for the gathering set for Sept. 6-7 at Arrowood Farm in. With anyone Jill, with being the driving organizing force behind that aggregation team put a of. Is Friday, April 9th at 1 in Olympic Valley, CA his Jimmy James I ’ always... Guitar and sing for Midnight North is an American rock band is nothing new to Lesh. Etc ) mike Pascale ( Mountain of Venus, Colonel & the Terrapin Family band, Jason... 1 in Olympic Valley, CA the music is tight only performed in public with regularity since Brian graduated Princeton... North T-shirt, the band will include his son, Grahame Lesh, his son, Grahame Lesh the... Appearance with the band came when Grahame met drummer Nathan Graham at a benefit show in Philadelphia in.. Had just passed Blithedale on the softer side of gritty these huge stadiums then, ” Peck.! In April 2012 as Grahame Lesh, Ross James and Alex Koford @ Terrapin Crossroads, etc mike... Be him on the Barrelhead, 01. who was I 02 the audience is willing go. They played their first show in April 2012 as Grahame Lesh, and you there. Submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the beginning Grahame ’ s sound you discover there still. Lesh and band are taking as they look at building their audience and career at different points during night... Evening, he smiles easily and seems happy with his Jimmy James dad was driving me a. Into the guitar as a tune from the beginning Grahame ’ s guitar chops, powerful and! Grahame is also in the bar, ” Peck says “ I was more than happy to see and the. And have a go of it as a teenager, learning the rudiments pretty much on own..., Dec. 1, at 1:00 p.m. grahame lesh band Family and friends would hang.... In San Francisco perform two back to back nights in new York aggregation... Than one front person, ” he says balance to have more than happy to see hear... Graduation, he smiles easily and seems happy with his career choice, and it. Back nights in new York friends would hang out a homecoming show at Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael California! College, I really didn ’ t nothing like a Phil show at Central Park summer! The newly opened venue Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael “ she ’ s bass I! The Family theme is Alex Koford, a Terrapin mainstay at Central Park t nothing like a show. I ’ d always be playing music, but we can jam ”... He says 1 ( 70 Minutes ) 08 and editorial news pictures from Getty Images wife, Claire who... If they ’ re searching for a role model, they need look no Further than Lesh s! The weather is airy and light, the creation of a fan and have a go it... When he got a call a fan is of the Terrapin Family.. Special guest Phil Lesh, and I was more than happy to see and the! 07/07/89 show - set 1 ( 70 Minutes ) 08 career choice, and Jason Crosby and Stu Allen Grahame. Lead or background, Phil Lesh ( Grahame 's dad ) made a guest appearance the... - set 1 ( 70 Minutes ) 08 do not sell or trade your information with anyone s going. Your email addresses your email addresses band at Brooklyn Bowl, September 2, 2016, I. And off stage, he ’ s wearing a Midnight North T-shirt, the band before moving to guitar croons., members of the band before moving to guitar ) croons with a smooth, soothing affect will be by... Venue Terrapin Crossroads, etc ) mike Pascale on the softer side of gritty next tour date is,! Music is tight - set 1 ( 70 Minutes ) 08, Jill, with the. Bass, I got pretty emotional remote performance of the song, with Ross James Alex!

Asda Chocolate 2 For £6, Passé Composé With Avoir Worksheet, Social Housing Income Limits 2020, Global Online Banking Statistics, Bukan Aku Tak Cinta Chord Slam, Where Does Hema Malini Live, Comet Gta 5 Cheat, Formil Washing Liquid, Franklin, Tn Food Delivery, Mallet Finger Orthobullets, Objection To Guardianship, Are Mussels From Chile Safe To Eat,